We hold the right to modify and make changes as we see fit according to our company structure.
The Internet is an amazing tool. It has the power to change the way we live, and we're starting to see that potential today. With only a few mouse-clicks, you can follow the news, look up facts, buy goods and services, and communicate with others from around the world. It's important to REMNIES to help our customers retain their privacy when they take advantage of all the Internet has to offer.
We believe your business is no one else's. Your privacy is important to you and to us. So, we'll protect the information you share with us to the best of our ability. To protect your privacy, REMNIES follows different principles in accordance with worldwide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
- We won’t sell or give away your name, mail address, phone number, email address, or any other information to anyone.
- We’ll use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us
Registration and Profile Information
When you sign up for an account, we may collect information such as your name, email address, display name, and profile photo along with other information you share.
If you choose to go through the verification process, we may ask for information that can be used to verify your identity, such as scans of your government-issued photo identification. When your government-issued photo identification information is no longer necessary to verify your identity, we delete the scans (front and back). We retain only an anonymized hash corresponding to the information the identification document contains, in order to prevent identity theft and impostor accounts. No personally identifiable information from your identification document can be retrieved from the stored hash. In addition to the identification information, we ask for you to take a selfie. We retain the selfie to prevent the creation of impostor accounts, but we store them securely, in encrypted form.
Influencer / Creator Network Information
Unlike other platforms, REMNIES allows you to monetize your content, following, and goodwill. As part of that, the law requires us to collect certain pieces of personally identifiable information. Specifically, in addition to identification information (see above under “verification” for our collection and treatment of identifying information), we collect information on form W-9 as required by the IRS. We are required to do this in order to facilitate the receipt by you of payments earned on REMNIES. However, we store that information is secure, encrypted form. We never share it, sell it, or use it in any way other than for purposes of legal compliance.
Teacher: Teacher / Bible Worker / Pastor / Church Representative
Content you Share
We collect any information you choose to provide on our Services, such as posts, follows, photos, videos, audio, gifs, comments, votes, badges, and notifications.
If you make a purchase through our Services, your payment-related information, such as your credit and debit card or automated clearing house (ACH) information, is collected and stored by our third-party payment processor on our behalf.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, if you contact us for customer support, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of any message or attachments you may send to us, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
Device and Location Information
We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address (from which location may be inferred), device type, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, member agents, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
We automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, such as the posts or other content you view, the searches you conduct, the people you follow, and the dates and times of your visits.
If you permit us to access the address book on your device or give us permission to import your contacts from an email account associated with your account, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to help you follow your contacts, and your contacts to follow you.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies
We may collect information using cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from our Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of our Services to their fullest potential.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- To personalize your experience on our Services, such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and/or functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you;
- To send you text messages and push notifications;
- To facilitate transactions, redemptions, and payments;
- To verify your identity and determine your eligibility to join our influencer network;
- To find and prevent fraud and respond to trust and safety issues;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
How We Share the Information We Collect
Vendors and Service Providers
We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
Content you Share
Our Services are social services that allow you to find, enjoy, and share content. Your display name, profile photo, about me section, and contacts (i.e., members you are following) will always be viewable and/or searchable by other Members. The content you post to our Services will be displayed and viewable by other Members by default.
Although this content is public by default, in the “Your Choices” section below, we describe the account settings and controls you can use to limit the sharing of certain information. We are not responsible for other Members’ use of available information, so you should carefully consider whether and what to post and how you identify yourself on our Services.
We do not and will never rent, sell, or share information about you with non-affiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your affirmative express consent.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures
We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to:
- comply with law enforcement requests and legal processes, such as a court order or subpoena;
- respond to your requests; or
- protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through our Services.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
We may transfer your information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
We may also disclose your information with your permission.
We provide you with settings to allow you to set your sharing preferences for content you post to our Services. Certain information, such as your display name, may always be publicly available to others, and other information is made publicly available to others by default. To change whether certain information is publicly viewable, you can adjust the settings in your account.
We send you marketing communications consistent with your choices. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails by adjusting your account settings or via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
You can opt-out of receiving notifications for posts, votes, comments, and followers by adjusting your profile and/or operating system (i.e., website, iOS, or Android) settings.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as our Services are hosted electronically, we can make no absolute guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
International Transfers of Data
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use our Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to our Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Update Your Information or Post a Question
Your California Privacy Rights
On the top of this page, you can see a modified date. That is our effective date.
GDPR Privacy Notice
If you are located in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
What Personal Data Do We Collect From You? We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
Information we collect directly from you: We receive Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Biographical information
- Location information (limited to city, state, zip code, country, and time zone)
- Employment history
- Links to your social media accounts
- Any other information you choose to share publicly on the Services, for example, anything you post to a public part of your Profile or an online classroom on the Services
Information we receive from third party sources: Some third parties such as our business partners and service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, such as the following:
- Account information for third party services: If you interact with a third party service when using our Services, such as if you use a third party service to log-in to our Services (e.g., Facebook Comment, Connect), or if you share content from our Services through a third party social media service, the third party service will send us information about you, such as information from your public profile, if the third party service and your account settings allow such sharing. The information we receive will depend on the policies and your account settings with the third party service.
- Information from our advertising partners: We receive information about you from some of our service providers who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our websites, applications, products, services, advertisements or communications.
- Information from third party service providers: Some of our third party service providers (such as Facebook, LinkedIn) collect Personal Data about our your employment, job history, and share that information with us.
Information we automatically collect when you use our Services: Some Personal Data is automatically collected when you use our Services, such as the following:
- IP address
- Your activity on the Services. This includes class usage information such as class enrollment and which classes you’ve watched. It also includes community interaction data, such as which members you’re following, your comments, your projects, or project likes.
- Device identifiers
- Web browser information
- Page view statistics
- Browsing history
- Transaction information (e.g. transaction amount, date and time such transaction occurred)
- Cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. web beacons, pixel tags, SDKs, etc.).
- Location information (e.g. IP address)
- Log data (e.g. access times, hardware and software information)
How Do We Use Your Personal Data? We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Create and manage user accounts and profiles
- Personalize content on the Services. This includes showing users their saved classes and class watch history, and providing class recommendations.
- Provide users and Teachers with community features
- Provide Teachers with student lists and pay Teachers appropriately
- Communicate with you about the Services
- Contact you with announcements, updates or offers regarding the Services
- Process orders
- Provide support and assistance for the Services
- Analyze and improve the Services
- Meet contract or legal obligations
- Respond and fulfill user inquiries and requests
- Resolve disputes
- Protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions
- Enforce our Terms & Conditions
- Complete corporate transactions
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
- Contractual Necessity: We process the following categories of Personal Data as a matter of “contractual necessity”, meaning that we need to process the data to perform under our Terms & Conditions with you, which enables us to provide you with the Services. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such data.
- First and last name ○ Email address ○ Password
- If you are a Teacher, the content of your classes
- Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties.
- First and last name
- Email address
- Location information
- IP address
- Your activity on the Services, including class usage information and community interaction data
- Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Operation and improvement of our business, products and services
- Personalization of web content on the Service
- Analyzing the use of the Services
- Marketing of our products and services
- Provision of customer support
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Completion of corporate transactions
- Consent: In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
- Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
- Payment processors
- Fraud prevention service providers
- Third party providers of advertising services
- Ad networks and marketing tools
- Analytics service providers
- Engineering and development tools
- Staff augmentation and contract personnel
- Hosting service providers
We also share Personal Data when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or provide you with a product or service you have requested. In addition to those set forth above, these parties also include:
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services), such as when users and Teachers interact through the Services
- Social media services (if you interact with them through your use of the Services)
- Third party business partners who you access through the Services We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
- Protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our terms & Conditions, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud
- Maintain the security of our products and services
We also share information with third parties when you give us consent to do so. Furthermore, you acknowledge that we may transfer your Personal Data, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Data, as set forth in the “Business Transfers” section above.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data? We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
What Security Measures Do We Use? We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity.
Personal Data of Children: As noted above, we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about REMNIES’ practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Transfers of Personal Data: The Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through REMNIES and its service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Services, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to REMNIES in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize REMNIES to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. You hereby consent to the transfer of your data to the U.S. as set forth herein.
Name: Zealing 3, Inc. - REMNIES
On the top of this page, you can see a modified date. That is our effective date.